Monday, April 29, 2013

Creamy Sweet Corn & Bacon Pasta Recipe

Creamy Sweet Corn and Bacon Pasta
Sweetness of corn & saltiness of bacon. I always love such a combo. Initially I made this for my toddler (OMG, feeding my son bacon - that makes me a bad mom, right? Oh well... just once in a while... and mommy wants some too!). So here goes.

Recipe
(serves 2)
- pasta for 2 (measure using those pasta measuring rings), I used spaghetti
- 2 fresh sweet corn kernels
- 2 strips of bacon per person (I used lean back bacon and removed the fat)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- butter, cream, salt, pepper

Cook pasta according to the instruction on the packet - do not overcook. If pasta's done before sauce is done, drain and set it aside. Meanwhile, melt about a tbsp butter, add garlic, saute until fragrant, add bacon, add corn, cook until there's a bit of brownage going. Add cream to your liking (I added about 120 ml), season with salt and pepper. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve hot.

Add some fresh herbs if you like. I didn't since I'd have to pick them out one by one as my big boss (the toddler) demanded. Oh man, I'm such a loser mom.

Anyway, enjoy the pasta!

5 comments:

Janine said...

i've never try the corn and bacon combination but your photographs make it look so delicious! bookmarking to try because it looks so simple!

Priscilla said...

Hey Rita!

Long time reader, first time commenting. The recipe looks good (taste-wise...probably not for my diet haha).

Anyways, I'm from Indonesia but have been living in Canada since I was 5 years old. I'm doing an internship in Jakarta right now and am thinking of going to HK in June. Do you have any recommendations of where to go for good eats, as well as shopping places that are cheap? I've been to Disney Land and Madame Tussauds before, so no need for those type of destinations. Thanks!

Can't wait for your next post!

Priscilla

Anonymous said...

This is all the time favourite pasta in Pizza Hut...
i'm craving for that for sure...

Lulu said...

Hello, I am a new fan and I love your simple home cooked recipes. I also love the ones from your mother in law. It's so funny that you called your husband and his siblings naughty for not knowing how to eat meat with bones and now you do the same by fishing out herbs per your son,s demand....haha, don't worry, typical Chinese mom and I am one too, both my boys still cannot cut their own meat at age 10 and 7 , and yes, the usually fishing out herbs is a part time job for me too. I have one request, I wish I can find your mother in laws recipe quicker, maybe you can put it under its own category. Thank you and keep up the good job.

recipes said...


I love this recipe ! Reminds me of you making soap at home, Mom.
And it's fun to see photos of your house there and see
Dad in that comfy chair we sat in when we visited,
attempting to use the slow internet :)

I can't wait to hear how the soap turned out in terms
of using it. Does it smell different since it is made with
animal fat? Any other differences from vegetable-based soap?

Love you!