Monday, August 20, 2012

Coca Cola Lime Prawns - Eat Your Drink

Coca Cola Lime Prawns
It's been a longgg time since I made prawns, and I was suddenly craving it when I saw my colleague brought tomato sauce prawn as her lunch at work. Finally, I managed to make prawns tonight!.
I used Coke & lime this time, I love cooking with my favorite drinks flavors. Sweet, savory, & sour at the same time! It's light too, perfect for summer.

Recipe
- 12 pieces large prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Coke
- 1 lime
- pinches of salt
- a dash of Worchestershire sauce
- olive oil, butter
Melt butter & olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic and onion, saute until fragrant. Add prawns, and quickly add coke and pinches of salt, tasting as you go. You gotta be quick so that the prawns wouldn't get overcooked. If you want, you can mix the "sauce" in a bowl first until you get the desired balance of sweet and salty. Finish with lime juice.

Don't forget to suck all the tasty goodness out of those prawn heads. Lip smacking!

6 comments:

mochaccinoland said...

i have tried coke pork ribs, they were yummilicious! thus these prawns must be very yummy too :D

tigerfish said...

The "good stuff" (including the coke) in the prawn heads...I want!

daphne said...

sweet and salty flavours! that looks awesome juicy prawns.

Joanne said...

Coke and lime...what a crazy flavor combo for prawns! Bet it tastes awesome though.

Noob Cook said...

Totally like cooking with drinks... I have to try this someday :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks delicious! Sweet and sour, I liked!