Monday, May 9, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Cookies - My First Mother's Day 朱古力曲奇 - 我的第一個母親節

Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Did I make these cookies to celebrate my first mother's day?
Not really. I made them because I had nothing more to post on this blog. I am such a bad blogger. Do you appreciate my honesty? Not really? Oppps. Heheheh.

大家唔好以為我自己整曲奇比自己做母親節禮物, 其實冇晒野Blog..

But it was my first mother's day. How exciting!
但係傲B出世後, 今次係我第一次真真正正作為一個媽媽咁過母親節!太令人興奮了

Happy mother's day
I grew up being taught to pamper our mom to the max on mother's day. Did I get pampered that day? Not really. Our helper's off, SC and I have to work hand in hand to take care of baby Marcus together. But I did buy a bunch of flowers to be shared with SC's mom.

個日工人姐姐休息, 傲B又好攪攪震, 攪到我地勁忙, 最後我地都買左一紮花, 比自己同SC媽媽(一紮兩份用XD)

It means that I get to take pictures of the flowers and she gets to keep the flowers. We are quite a thrifty family ^_^

Both mamas took pictures with baby Marcus...
大家都同傲B影相, 傲B變左譽用model XD

Baby Marcus & Grandma


Chocolate Brownie Cutout Cookies

And ate the delicious cookies. They're soft (I am not a big fan of crispy cookies), very chocolatey and surprisingly easy to make!

D曲奇好軟, 好濃朱古力味, 正!

Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Recipe (食譜)

(source Smitten Kitchen's Brownie Roll-Out Cookies)
- 1 and 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup & 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa (I used Hershey's)
- 1 tsp instant coffee

Preheat oven to 180C. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Mix butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and cocoa (I used hand mixer, OMG! It gets rather hard to mix in the end). Add flour mixture gradually, mix well. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least one hour (I misread this and only chilled for half hour, no wonder my cookies are in weird shapes...).
Roll out cookie dough on a lightly floured surface, cut with cookie cutter, bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8-11 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center are slightly soft and puffed.
預熱焗爐到180度, 係個碗攪拌麵粉,鹽和發酵粉, 擺埋一邊, 撈埋D牛油,糖,雞蛋,香草同可可(唔知點解, 用機反而仲難攪..)慢慢加D入麵粉混合, 攪均. 包住佢等佢凍(大概一個鐘)
整平D麵粉混合, 用D曲奇切割器切D曲奇出黎, 放係曲奇紙上烤大概8-11分鐘, 直到D曲奇角硬左就OK

Although my cookies look horrible, they are yummy! I will be making this often, and maybe add some fun frosting on top :)
雖然唔好睇, 但係好食!

Cheers to all mothers in the world! We rock!
最後祝大家母親節快樂!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I like how the bouquet of flowers is arranged like the center of a flower. I haven't seen an arrangement like that before.

Joanne said...

Awww cuteness! You are all so adorable!

Little Corner of Mine said...

How sweet! I love the flower you bought and yummy cookies.

aki! said...

What are you talking about? Those cookies look great and totally made me want some!

And you look so pretty.

Yeri said...

Your cookies look cute and delicious, not horrible at all!

And I do appreciate your honesty about why you made them...hahah!

Happy Mother's Day!

sydneylyn said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! :D

Cooking Gallery said...

I think your cookies look very nice, you're too hard on yourself...! I prefer chewy, soft cookies too, never really like the crunchy ones. I really like that pic of you and baby Marcus together, so adorable :D)!

shellie said...

happy belated mothers day. your cookies look very good too. you and the boy look adorable!

Angela said...

Happy belated Mother's Day.