Friday, April 15, 2011

Yummy Roasted Baby Suckling Pig at Empire Kitchen 又可愛又好味既三隻小豬@皇悅小廚

Hello, piggies...come to papa!
黎啦, 豬仔, 黎爸爸度啦..XDD
Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
You might think that Empire Kitchen is not exactly the creme of the crop of Hong Kong buffet destinations. You'd be surprised that getting a table was not as easy as we thought it'd be. We had to book two weeks in advance! When we arrived for an early dinner (we almost always have dinner before 7pm, we are practically senior citizens!), the place was quite full and it slowly filled up to a full house. Apparently, people get buy-one-get-one free vouchers from the newspaper. I think nobody goes to this place and pay full price. We went there armed with our free dinner vouchers too! Paying full price for something we can get discount out of...as the Hong Kongers would say is a "loss" (sit dai).
食家既各位可能未聽過皇悅小廚
, 因為老老實實佢都唔係好出名. 但係你點估都估唔到哩個buffet要預早二個星期先book..我地都算係早食dinner(正常大概7pm). 但係我地去到既時候已經差唔多爆滿..再過多一陣差唔多行去攞野食都去唔到 @.@ 我打去book位既時候已經聽到隠約聽到D咩報紙有乜乜coupon, 但係真係估唔到係咁噓冚..如果要比正價, 我諗應該冇乜人去..我地都係因為某D原因揸住張免費coupon入去既



You can't compare this buffet line to those HK$500 a pop famous ones, but let me show you what I like from the spread.
如果你同其他HKD500buffet比較既話, 你可能會有D失望, 但係其實都有D好好食既野架, 去片~

 The appetizers and the obligatory salmon sashimi...

頭盤同三文魚刺身
Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
Don't bother. 
Hmm except for getting some vegetable intake for the night.
除左為廁所時間食幾條菜外
大家唔好上當晒左你個胃既quota

Mushroom soup with toast and some spring roll thingy with sweet chilli sauce.

蘑菇濃湯, 多士, 泰式春捲

Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
I like. 
D都係我鐘意既

My top favorite is...
但係講到至愛

Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚

...the roasted baby suckling pig! French style...Spanish style...whatever style...it's absolutely delicious. More delicious than some well known ones I've tried. Seriously.
但係哩三隻小豬啦! 法式, 西班牙式乜式都好啦, 老老實實, 真係好正.好食過晒我之前食過既豬仔!!
Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
I discovered that after trying so many dishes that should've gone straight to the "don't bother" category.
其他野我食過一次都冇再安歌(encore)..

I went back for the pig again and again.

都係三隻小豬攪到我來來回回行左好多次..Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚

And the chef behind the counter always gave me quite a generous portion, or maybe I was just lucky ;)
唔知係好彩定個廚師知道我鐘意食, 佢次次都比好大舊我..XDD
SC disagreed though. He thought the pig had "too much meat"
SC就話唔鐘意, 佢話太大舊肉喎..(因為我當佢中式燒肉咁食…)Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
For me, it's super tender and flavorful, the skin's not too crispy but acceptable, the fat's melt-in-the-mouth delicious and not excessive, with the sauce and mustard...perfect!
對我黎講, 就又又多汁, 又有豬味, D皮又唔太脆(D太脆會界口的). D肥位入口即熔, 同埋D芥辣一齊食真係完美!
This double boiled soup was nice too...
仲有仲有個正正中式潡雞湯
Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
...but SC's mom can also make very nice soup la!
 Did I mention that I went back for the pig again and again?

但係SC呀媽都整到啦

講還講, 我有冇講我出左二十次浄係攞個豬仔? XDDEmpire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
That potato thingy on the right was also delish. Very tender, very well seasoned, it has this chilli powder that made it taste like Calbee's spicy chips (what? is that not a good thing?), and it has caramelized onions and pepperonis. Yum!
個薯仔都好食, D好似食緊熱浪咁..
The dessert...

甜品黎講
Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚
...don't bother.
Seriously.
Just go for the pig.
都係算吧啦

去都淨係食豬仔好了

Empire Kitchen   皇悅小廚

1/F, The Empire Hotel Tsim Sha Tsui, 62 Kimberley Road
Tsim Sha Tsui尖沙咀金巴利道62號尖沙咀皇悅酒店1樓
Tel: +852 3692 2266

14 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

The baby pigs look so pitiful leh, just give me the meat, I don't want to see the whole pig. :P

Alice said...

no doubt its super yummy, but i can never help felling pity the little piglet everytime i see roasted baby suckling pig hihihi....

Unknown said...

Haha, who translated the Chinese? It is so hilarious and very Hongkie!! The pig looks good though, just go in there and keep eating it! :P

Capucine de Chocqueuse said...

Oh that's so sad to see dead baby pigs! Awfully sad, indeed!

shellie said...

just so you know the little piggies and the meat on the plate prompted me to say *F* that loooooks goooooooood!Someday I am coming to Hong Kong to eat with you Rita!!!

Joanne said...

Oh that pig absolutely does look super tender and delicious!

aki! said...

I do not believe for a second that you have expanded since you have finished school. Even with Baby Marcus!

Anyways, the Chinese is awesome. I ... just can't read traditional. But I can read your English and I can see the piggies are yummy.

Yeri said...

That pork looks amazing! I am literally drooling in front of my computer right now. Looks so good!

tigerfish said...

That is really pigging out! I want some too! The skin is tempting, especially :)

zenchef said...

That pig, Rita, is the most beautiful thing I ever seen! I would have been all other it too. Ahh, the cravings!!

Malinda said...

What was the clear dessert with the little sprigs in it? There is nothing like that in the US.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments guys~!

@Lindy the clear jelly is jasmine flower jelly. It's quite fragrant and not too sweet, I normally love it but this particular one had too much gelatine on it.

Anonymous said...

wow the suckling pig looks soo good. I'm going to have to try this when I visit Hong Kong again.

Rachelle said...

Hehe yesterday one of the doctors asked me what was an HK specialty...I told him BBQ pork, and at weddings we have whole roast pigs. His eyes went O_O