Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tastifying A Bland Takeaway Fried Rice - 人生無take 2, 炒飯就有...XDDD

Cranking Up Bland Takeaways
"When can I eat stuff like this, papa?"
"爸爸, 我叫時食得炒飯呀?:("

Remember the bland fried rice we had the other day?
大家仲記唔記得琴日Blog個齋鋪黃金炒飯?
Vegetarian Chinese Food - Tsuen Wan
It was so bland, we decided that there's no point wasting calories eating it, so we took it home.
因為個味太淡, 我地個日都冇乜點食, 打包返左屋企

And we tastified it.
炒飯有take 2開始
Cranking Up Bland Takeaways
I added minced garlic, thinly sliced shallot, lots of minced pork (uh huh!), fish sauce, salt, and pepper, topped with crispy shallot...and...
我加左D蒜頭碎, 乾紅蔥, 好多好多豬肉碎(要同個廚講返對唔住, 我咁攪佢個飯XDD), 魚露, 鹽, 胡椒....

Cranking Up Bland Takeaways
Hello, TASTY!
個take 2 左既炒飯即刻立體晒..

17 comments:

e_ting said...

I love Marcus's desperate look!! And SC's translations are awesome btw, it's like having the both of you talk about the same thing in your own ways. Love it.

Yeri said...

Great idea! I like hearing ideas on saving leftovers to make them "like new". Looks good from the picture!

pickyin @ LifeIsGreat said...

I'm lucky enough never to have eaten fried rice so bland. But that's besides the point. What I really want to say is... Marcus is soooooo cute!!!

daphne said...

Or even BETTER! Oh good flavours.. Glad to have u 2 posting together!

Joanne said...

So glad you didn't let that lackluster fried rice go to waste. It had so much potential, as you've proven here!

Cooking Gallery said...

What a cool idea...! I would never have thought to take away foods from a restaurant to 'tastify' is ...;)!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Haha, you were liked me, I also "to go" the bland stuff and cook it at home to flavor it. Way to go, we don't waste food. :)

Babe_KL said...

Well done! Say no to wastage ;-)

tigerfish said...

Ahaha....take2 after NG....good good!

aki! said...

I've got to learn my lesson. No food blogs after dinner. But you've definitely got me craving fried rice. Brilliant plan to recook it.

Alice said...

i love your idea! brilliant!

shellie said...

i think i am going to have to have some rice now....

Anonymous said...

♥Nice post.) Love your blog.))♥

PapaCheong's 拿手好菜 said...

Very Appetizing!

Papacheong
http://home-cook-dishes-for-family.blogspot.com/

pigpigscorner said...

Leftover are always better..great take!

Gregoire Michaud said...

ok... the food looks awesome... but sorry, this time your son grabs all the attention of the post! ;)
He is such an handsome little man!!

Noob Cook said...

hehe good idea... next time I shall do the same (take away) if I encounter the same situation... but I might risk making the taste even worse lol