Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nasi Goreng Rendang - Beef Rendang Fried Rice 印尼乾咖哩牛肉炒飯

If you want to enjoy rendang but can't be bothered to do the many hours of stewing the beef tender, grinding spices, etc etc etc...here's a quick and easy idea.
如果你想食乾咖哩牛肉, 但係又冇時間慢慢煮, 同將的材料切粒, 哩度就有一個超快既方法

Nasi Goreng Rendang
This is starting to sound like an addiction eh? Turning stuff into fried rice. I am obsessed with it! But I can't help it. It's speedy, tasty, hearty and satisfying!
其實有乜容易過炒飯, 乜都放晒落去炒炒炒就係..唔使一樣一樣餸慢慢煮咁煩

Nasi Goreng Rendang
Recipe
- 2 bowls of (ideally leftover) rice
- minced beef (use as much as you want until you reach the desired ratio of beef vs rice, I like my fried rice to have lots of meat. you can also use other kinds of meat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 chopped chilli
- 1 packet of rendang spice pack (I used Indofood), dissolved in a tiny bit of hot water
- a bit of cooking oil, pepper, salt
- freshly chopped coriander and crispy shallot as garnish (optional)
食譜
- 2 碗飯(最好就隔過夜, 容易炒D, 如果唔係會黏埋一齊)
-牛肉碎, 食幾多落幾多
-一塊蒜頭, 切細粒
-2個紅蔥頭切細片
-1隻辣椒, 切碎
-1包乾咖哩牛肉粉, 我用開哩隻 Indofood, 用熱水沖開左先
-油, 鹽, 胡椒
-新鮮芫茜同炸紅蔥頭乾(隨意)

Saute garlic, chilli, and shallot in a bit of cooking oil, add minced beef, add rendang seasoning, mix well, cook until the beef's done, add rice, mix well, adjust seasoning with more salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish and serve.

用小小油炒起D蒜頭, 紅蔥頭, 落牛肉碎, 落乾牛肉咖哩粉, 攪勻佢, 煮到D牛肉差唔多得就落埋D飯落去, 攪勻佢, 落D鹽同胡椒粉調味, 加返D綠色既野伴碟 (蔥/芫茜)

What else can I turn into fried rice?
仲有D咩可以愛黎整炒飯呢?

7 comments:

Arudhi said...

what a brilliant idea! I should start using my spice packs too before they get expired :D thanks!

Babe_KL said...

whoa, thanks for another fabulous idea ;-)

Alice said...

Rita...lagi2 kreatif banget ya masakanmu - enak bgt nih pasti :)

Joanne said...

I truly truly truly love friend rice so the more the merrier! Looks delicious!

shellie said...

looks very apppetizing....and i am IN LOVE with that bowl!

tigerfish said...

I like it speedy. I like it tasty. More more!

Anonymous said...

Great idea..sering craving rendang cuma males bikinnya...lain kali gw bikin ide elu deh..thanks Rit...