Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting

Orange Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
I went nuts playing with frosting, and not in a good way. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. I squirted some frosting out trying to draw a circle...and my circle got disconnected all the time, my frosted cupcakes looked pretty...pathetic! We all had a lot of fun though...SC, myself and my helper each got to frost at least a cake...and here are the horrible ones we did...
Orange Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
I did the horrible circles (they were meant to be "roses", but I failed miserably) and the wobbly heart, my helper did the "flower" with just four petals (she meant to draw five petals but somehow overestimated the space heheheh) SC did the star and...
Orange Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
....the Chinese character which could be interpreted as "yum" (jeng!).
How creative of him!

I also did a little smiley face...which also meant that this cake had too little frosting, too bad!
Orange Chocolate Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
I used recipes from all recipes, I just reduced the portion to eight cupcakes, added a teaspoon of orange essence in the cake batter (recipe link here), as well as a teaspoon of orange essence and a drop of orange food coloring in the frosting batter (recipe link here). The chocolate orange cupcakes turned out wonderful, chocolatey and moist, the frosting gave a delightful tang to the combo. I'll be making these babies often ;)

Speaking of writing with food...it all started when we went to a Japanese BBQ joint for a lunch and SC wrote the same word using thick, juicy, tasty ox tongue chunks.
Ox Tongue BBQ
He said that this should be every food blogger's favorite word, yum!
I couldn't agree more ;)

8 comments:

Daniel C. said...

I love the 正 one!!! Haha, they look really good, Rita!

Mrs Ergül said...

That is very creative of SC!

Unknown said...

aw its okay i would eat it still! practice makes perfect anytime!

and those ox tongues i thought it was pork belly....mmmm

Alice said...

looks so yummy...mau coba ah.... :P

shellie said...

they look fantastic.....oh and orange and chocolate are a most delicious combintation...i wish i had some because im sick....yum indeed!

Joanne said...

Well the frosting is all going to look the same inside your belly! I say it's about taste and these SOUND like they were delicious!

Capucine de Chocqueuse said...

I love those! It's creative and it looks soooo good.

College Girls said...

i love so much chocalate cream chees.. so test is so good..