Friday, December 4, 2009

Easily Cheesy - Zucchini, Mushroom & Chicken Franks Slices


Please excuse below uncreativity...

Grated mozzarella and parmesan mix on promo at City Super = HK$39 for two packs
Overpriced zucchini sold at the only supermarket below my apartment = HK$9.80 for two small ones (Robbery!)

Leftover grated mozzarella and parmesan mix and zucchini + seeing just the right recipe for them = priceless!

Saw this recipe of Ham, Zucchini & Mushroom Slice over at Daphne's blog, and I knew I just had to try it. The cheese, the zucchini in my fridge....it's fate!

...no it's not! You bought them especially to make this recipe.
Oh yeah, serendipity? Not so much!

The recipe is idiot & failure proof, I wonder if Daphne tailor made it for me?

Hop over to Daphne's site for the recipe, I simply changed ham to chicken franks (it's all I had in my fridge).

Soon after messing about with ingredients and warmed my home with the hot oven, while radiating delicious cheesy scents to make my neighbors drool (without offering them any of the end products - wow. I AM mean!)...I ended up with this tray of gloriously golden, cheesy deliciousness.

Perfect for breakfast, snack or light lunch with a side salad/bacon/fried chicken? :D

2 comments:

KennyT said...

You love using chicken franks

Cookie said...

I love using up what I have in the fridge to make a totally new recipe! This looks great but I'm missing the zucchini. :(