Monday, November 9, 2009

Hong Kong's Props Heaven - Shanghai Street, Yaumatei


This post is dedicated to all prop freaks everywhere ^_^
One of Hong Kong's prop heavens, Shanghai Street, Yaumatei.



The street's lined with restaurant supplies shops. Cute/elegant/beautiful/adorable/gorgeous stoneware, metals, wood, glass....they got 'em all!


They're available for retail purchases and they're reasonably priced.


It is so hard not to go overboard here...

Stick to:
- Things you need
- Things you need
- and things you need
...and I always failed, extravagantly.


Oh God, peel me off this wall...
If you're worried that you might go crazy, bring a person who will/can remind you that you have absolutely NO MORE space in your kitchen cupboard/home/flat. Bringing another prop freak is a bad idea.


Ohhh...but look at these...I must buy these.
I want them I need them!

Sous chef chanting *no space no space no space no space no space no space lalala~*

Go on, you know you want to...
Shanghai Street, Yaumatei, Kowloon, Hong Kong>
Yaumatei MTR station, exit B2.

19 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Ohhhh...this post makes me want to fly to Hong Kong!

tigerfish said...

Doraemon! I will spend hrs in this place :)

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Add this to the list of places I'm gonna make you take me if I visit Hong Kong one day. And I NEED everything. :)

Noob Cook said...

omg Doraemon and minna no tabo ... why am I here, while you are there hehe T_T

Babe_KL said...

ohhh noooo, i so want those mooncake moulds now!!

Heather said...

what totally cool treasures!! i want to go to hong kong!

J said...

aku mauuuuu :((

Nuttymeg said...

Love it...I wouldn't have any self control either....buy all ;)

MONONOKE KITCHEN said...

you have to be lucky to be there!

EatTravelEat said...

Doraemon mooncake molds?!? I definitely need to visit this place when I visit Hong Kong next time. You are enticing me to visit with all these posts :) on Hong Kong.

Cynthia said...

I would LOVE to visit a store like this!

M said...

I need to visit this street when I go to HK next time!

lisa said...

was wondering what type of cakes can you make using these cute wooden moulds?

Veny said...

even we have visited HK for many times , we never been here .. omg ... it's paradise for my mommy hua22
THanks for sharing ! can we linked your site ?

kewpie said...

hey rita - never knew this place existed! am going to visit when i am there... thanks for sharing!

petite nyonya said...

i was doing a search on shanghai street & so glad to have found yr post. i'll make sure i bring a big empty luggage to HK this july!! i saw the glass cake stand with cover which i'm crazy abt now! slurrppp!! thks again for this post!

Angie said...

We have booked a trip to Tibet and China stopping by Hongkong on the way back to home in Aus. I dont want to go home empty handed without any cake decorating 'toys' so I was doing a search and found your post.. Thank you! Cant wait to visit these shops in Shanghai St! :)) Any suggestions where else can I go when I finish Shanghai St ?? ;-) makasih ya..

Unknown said...

Angie, you can also go to Jusco $10 plaza (same as Daiso in Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia) in Mongkok (Mongkok MTR exit E1)

Saucy Spatula said...

On the VERY TOP of my shopping/to-do list the next time I'm home!! I'm gonna need to buy a new suit case after visiting there T_T