Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oven Baked Yoghurt Chicken Strips and Mushroom Balsamic Potatoes


What if you miss fried chickens so dearly, but not allowed to have some?
Oven bake them.

What if you love chicken legs so much, but not allowed to have some?
Tenderize, juicify, and flavor up those breasts.

Like how?

Marinate boneless, skinless chicken breasts in yoghurt (to tenderize) and some spices (to inject some flavors. I used garlic salt, sugar, paprika, dried oregano, black pepper, lemon zest, tiny wee bit of olive oil), refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. You don't even have to whack them flat (Who likes flat breasts? Well, I believe many people do. Wat?!! They were lying???!!!). They'll be amazingly tender.


Before serving, drench them in a mix of breadcrumbs, garlic salt, sugar, paprika, dried oregano, lemon zest, and black pepper. Preheat oven to 200C, lay chicken breast pieces on a baking tray brushed thinly with olive oil.


Bake until gloriously golden.
I served them with potato cubes and mushrooms cooked with balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, and dried oregano. Simply saute aromatics, add mushrooms, add potatoes, cook covered until tender and serve.

Squeeze some lemon juice on them..and oh my!
Flavorful, tender, juicy, tasty...everything I love on breasts.
Yum!
These are super satisfying...
....but PS. It does not mean that I now don't want fried chicken legs.

14 comments:

Lidia Sianturi said...

ngilerrrr....ketoke enak ki..patut dicoba

Ravenous Couple said...

no flat breast please..we mean chickens :)

Babe_KL said...

very easy and very little cleaning, i like!!!

KennyT said...

What a stunning and hearty dish!

So, why can't you any deep fried leg? Don't tell me you're on a diet!

pam said...

I forget to marinate my chicken in yogurt! Which is so silly because I always have it in my fridge.

Pam said...

I never fancy chicken breast but after viewing your pics, I think I may need to change my perception...

Sharon said...

Ooh, definitely trying this one! Yogurt makes chicken so tender and juicy!

Luscious Temptations said...

I just had to see how you made them after I saw your photos on Flickr. It looks really yummy :)

Frenchie said...

I need to remember that yogurt tenderizes chicken, what an easy way to make chicken tastier and juicier. Thanks for a great idea.

diva said...

mmm. yoghurt must make this really yummy! looks great too.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! I loved baked chicken strips, healthier and delicious.

tigerfish said...

sounds easy :) ...
a good pair of chicken, with "tangy" mushrooms and potatoes.

Mrs Ergül said...

I learn that yogurt keeps chicken moist from nigella!

Cakelaw said...

Looks fantastic Rita!