Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Choco Oreo Brownies: Love-Hate Relationship with Food Blogging


My love-hate relationship with food blogging...
I LOVE...
- Orchestrating yummy treats for family, friends, and most of all...myself (a truly selfish bitch, aren't I?)
- Discovering that most of my newfound blogger friends from all over the world share unconditional love for chocolate and Anthony Bourdain
- Finding out that someone out there...committed the same ultimate culinary sins as myself (burnt dishes, blah dishes, slipping while sprinting to check on dishes, mixing up salt with sugar, to name a few)
- Continuing to develop myself into something I am not (a great cook/photographer/writer)
- and so on and so forth

I HATE...
- ...it when there are too many great things, too little time (great recipes, blogs, people, ingredients, ideas, whennnn will I get to try them? I guess one step at a time, eh?)
- ...it when work interferes with passion. Yep, I still need my salary to finance all this cooking, photo-taking, writing thing...so somehow I had to make work my passion, most of the time. Arrrgghhhh
- taking gadzillions of pictures of the dish in front of me and I still can't get it right
- having loads of yummy dishes with nice pictures, without any ideas on what to write (I simply can't post just recipes...I need the something extra)

and....just like today's case...

- I hate it when I found a nice and easy recipe, tried it, it worked, the result was unbelievably great.....only to find before posting that I forgot to bookmark (!!!) and I can't remember whereeeee the freak was the recipe from....dammit dammit dammit! I spent a good few hours searching loads of possible sources..and finally found it!

It is super easy and it is darn good. Well it has chocolate, sugar and oreos...I didn't think it's ever gonna be bad.

Choco Oreo Brownies

Recipe
(adapted from
Cooks.com, reducing the recipe by 1/2)
- 1/2 cups sugar (the original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar for 1/2 cup of flour, but I figured the oreo cookies will make it sweet enough. I am not crazy about sickly sweet things)
- 1/4 cups flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a whole bar of oreo cookies, crushed

Preheat oven to 175-180C. Mix all ingredients in one bowl, pour into a greased pan (I used a loaf pan), bake for 30 minutes, let cool for a while and cut into squares to serve. They are perfect with hot tea, or milk. Yum!

I also hate it when I have nothing more to say to end a post. Oh well.

12 comments:

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Haha, I agree. There's plenty of good and bad things about blogging. There's always this nagging feeling that you must post something or people will get bored or assume you've abandoned your site. It's worth it in the end or we wouldn't be here still. It's always fun to share! I like your use of peanut oil in these brownies, I'd use maybe half peanut oil, half peanut butter myself but they sound great!

Beachlover said...

You're right about love and hate wt blogging...since I do food blogging,I packed more than 10 pound at my love handle..anyway,your brownies look great!

Jagungmanis said...

Ritaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
apa kabar?

ih, aku juga bar gawe bronis wingi.... tapi bronis kukus :D

Anonymous said...

Hee hee I feel the same way tooo.. I've mixed up sugar and salt before hee hee and work always leaves me too tirreedd to try anything in kitchen :(

Your brownies look soo goodd mmmmmmm but I heard that it's best not to eat oreos right now because of the melamine?

daphne said...

That looks fantastic! Especially with the use of oreos.

and I always forget links too..argh..very frustrating!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh yeah, the combination sounds sinfully good.

ICook4Fun said...

I am so with you on this especially taken loads of pix but can't find a good one to post. Buts with all the hicups in the end its all worth it especially getting to know so many bloggers from all over the world :)

Foni said...

nyum2 seems yum, the upper surface looks crunchy, is it?
how many oreo needed? whole bar size yg mana nih rit?

Noob Cook said...

It happens to me all the time too hehe... your brownies look so good, I want a scoop of ice cream on top ;p

test it comm said...

You nailed those points! If only there were a few more hours in the day. Those brownies look so good!

Jescel said...

i get you girl.. you're not all alone in this love-hate relationship with blogging! your brownies look superb, nevertheless! even with work, you still manage to blog a lot though, huh? that's amazing!

Anonymous said...

riiitttt..tak contek resep mu keliatan endanggg gulindang iki....suwunnn yooo